~And the truth shall make you free~

John 8:32





What is it?

Our quest for the truth began in 2009 as we were having behavioural issues with our daughter in school, seeming to have symptoms of ADD including disruptive behaviour, learning difficulties and diciplinary issues. Not wanting to pump her full of drugs, we sought a more natural way and on recommendation of our doctor we investigated the Feingold diet. It not only was successful in improving our daughters behaviour but it opened our eyes to a world of adulterated foods that we unknowingly injest, thinking all is well, and it started us on our search. There is so much different information out there about nutrition and what is good for you and not. This is our family blog chronicling our search for the truth about nutrition and health. ~To know better is to do better~

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Green Tea The Super Food!

So I've been reading up on green tea and all I can say is WOW! What an amazing food God has given us! The list of health benefits from those little tea leaves is crazy long! Now I've never really been a big tea drinker. I mostly just like to drink water and if I do drink tea I prefer iced tea. So what I've started do and hopefully will be diligent enough to continue is making a big pitcher of hot tea with a couple packs of Stevia in it and then refrigerating it. I have one of those big water bottles with the straws that you can buy pretty much anywhere and I'm just trying to make sure I drink one of those a day so I can reap all the benefits green tea has to offer. I'm also going to get my 2 older girls to start drinking a glass a day. As far as giving it to your kids what I've read so far is not to give it to babies or toddlers because of the high caffeine but giving it in moderation to older kids can actually be quite beneficial. Many people are calling this drink a super food!


Here is a list of things that you may benefit from by making green tea a part of your life :

Strengthened immune system

Inhibits cancer growths

Lower cholesterol

Strengthened circulation

Better digestion

Less cavities

Help with diabetes

Weight loss

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. All for just enjoying a cup of yummy tea!

To see more info on any of these things follow the link to read the whole article. http://www.benefit-green-tea.com/  There are many articles all over the internet singing the praises of green tea.

And of course it's always better if you can get organic!

~April~

No comments:

Post a Comment